This EASY Fried Rice recipe is loaded with vegetables and a perfect way to use up leftovers!
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
I’ve always loved fried rice… it is SO EASY to make at home and so much better than takeout. This recipe is packed full of veggies, but it would also be awesome to add any leftover pork, chicken, shrimp or beef you might have. I enjoy it in the summertime because it’s not to heavy but still soooo satisfying!
Fried rice is better using day-old rice that has been refrigerated, but I’ve also made it all at one time and it’s still incredibly delicious. This will be perfect for my dinner tonight after mowing grass in about 100 degree heat (uggghhh!). I just can’t eat anything too heavy for dinner after working in the yard.
Fried rice is so light, flavorful and healthy and I think the leftovers are probably even better the next day. It is awesome reheated and makes a perfect lunch to take to work! 😀Print
EASY Fried Rice – full of veggies and better than takeout!
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil or vegetable oil
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced (about 1-1/2 cups diced carrots)
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup diced white or yellow onion (about 1/2 of a medium onion)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups cooked cold rice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (more or less, to taste)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Heat a wok or skillet over medium high heat. Add oil, then carrots, peas and onions. Fry, stirring constantly, until vegetables are tender (about 5 minutes).
- Using a spatula, move the vegetables to one side of the pan. On the other side, add the eggs and quickly stir to scramble. Stir well to combine once eggs are scrambled.
- Increase heat to high and stir in cooked rice and soy sauce. Stir constantly until heated through, about 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and top with green onions.