EASY Fried Rice – full of veggies and better than takeout!
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil or vegetable oil
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced (about 1-1/2 cups diced carrots)
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup diced white or yellow onion (about 1/2 of a medium onion)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups cooked cold rice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (more or less, to taste)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Heat a wok or skillet over medium high heat. Add oil, then carrots, peas and onions. Fry, stirring constantly, until vegetables are tender (about 5 minutes).
- Using a spatula, move the vegetables to one side of the pan. On the other side, add the eggs and quickly stir to scramble. Stir well to combine once eggs are scrambled.
- Increase heat to high and stir in cooked rice and soy sauce. Stir constantly until heated through, about 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and top with green onions.