This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
There’s nothing like sweet and tangy Lemon Curd in the summer (or any time of year!). This recipe is so simple and amazing because it’s prepared in your microwave… YES!
I love this stuff and could eat it right straight out of the jar (I did!). You can spread it on toast, use it in baking or eat it straight out of the jar like I did! 🙂
What’s your favorite recipe(s) to use lemon curd in???Print
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 4 small lemons)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- In a microwave safe bowl, whisk sugar and eggs. Add lemon juice, lemon zest and butter. Whisk until well combined.
- Cook in microwave in 1 minute intervals, stirring to combine well after each minute. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until mixture is thick.
- Cover with plastic wrap to prevent a film from forming and allow to cool for approximately 1 hour.
- Transfer to an airtight container, preferably a sterilized jar. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours, or until firm.
Note: Lemon curd will not be quite as thick as finished recipe while hot. Cooling will thicken curd.