This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Soft, chewy and loaded with the sweetness of molasses and the spices of ginger, cinnamon and cloves… you’re going to LOVE these Chewy Gingersnap Cookies!
I recently participated in The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap for the very first time and oh what a wonderful experience it was.
The Great Blogger Cookie Swap partners with Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. The organization is committed to funding new therapies used in the fight against pediatric cancer. Not only did I have a blast making these cookies for the first time, my efforts went towards a great cause.
I sent one dozen each of these cookies to three bloggers across the US (and I also received cookies from three bloggers across the country!). It was so exciting because I didn’t know when I was receiving them, what kind of cookies I was getting or which blogger I was receiving the from until they arrived at my door!
Needless to say I’ve eaten a LOT of cookies this holiday season. 🙂
There’s a reason why I chose to make gingersnap cookies to send to participate in this cause.
My last 2 dogs before I recently adopted Baby, Ginger (left) and Chance (right), both passed of cancer at ages 11 and 12. I don’t have kids and my dogs have always been like my children to me. Ginger’s nickname was “Gingersnap”, so it was the only appropriate cookie for me to make my first time participating.
These gingersnap cookies are the perfect cookies to make from scratch during the holidays… hurry up and get to baking before it’s too late!
The perfect holiday cookies loaded with the sweetness of molasses and spiciness of ginger, cinnamon and cloves!
Cinnamon sugar ingredients:
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Cookie dough ingredients:
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare the cinnamon sugar by stirring cinnamon sugar ingredients in a small bowl until well incorporated. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt into a large bowl. Stir well to combine and sift a second time into another large bowl.
- Beat butter in a mixing bowl with a mixer until creamy (about 30 seconds on medium speed). Gradually add in sugar while continuing to beat. Add egg and molasses, continuing to beat.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture into the butter mixture and stir with a large spoon to blend well. Slowly add the remaining flour mixture, stirring well with the spoon to combine well.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls using your hands, then roll each ball in the cinnamon sugar, coating evenly. Place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until tops of cookies are rounded and slightly cracked. Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chewy gingersnap cookies
Slightly adapted from AllRecipes.com