These amazingly easy (and so delicious) Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls are a welcomed treat every holiday season!
I’ve been making these peanut butter balls for friends and family every year since my early twenties. I realized recently it has been THREE long years since I’ve made them and knew I couldn’t go another year without them (never missed a year until 3 years ago!).
This recipe is different from any other I’ve come across because it includes coconut, graham cracker crumbs and chopped pecans… so good!!!
I have a few heartstrings attached to this recipe because I literally grew up eating these pretty much every holiday season. My childhood friend’s grandmother (Mrs. Morris) made them every Christmas and they were one of my favorite treats. When I was nine years old, I asked her for the recipe.
She handed me the recipe from her recipe box and I wrote it down on a piece of notebook paper to take to my mama. Mama started making them for me every Christmas after that.
In my early twenties I asked my mom for the recipe so I could start making them for holiday gift-giving. She gave me back the same piece of notebook paper I wrote on when I was 9 years old!
I hope you, your family and friends love these peanut butter balls as much as I have over the years. Enjoy!
More Holiday Treats
Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
- 2 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 16 ounces powdered sugar
- 7 ounces sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 2 sticks butter 1 cup, melted
- 1 (24 ounce) package chocolate almond bark squares
- 3 tablespoons crushed pecans
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, coconut, chopped pecans, peanut butter and melted butter. Stir to combine.
- Form into 1 ½ inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Melt chocolate according to package directions. Dip balls into melted chocolate and place on parchment paper. After each ball is placed on parchment paper (before chocolate has hardened) dust lightly with crushed pecans.
- Allow to harden and cool. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
- While forming balls, if mixture is too sticky, add more powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached, and/or place mixture in your refrigerator to slightly firm.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.
Originally published December 13, 2011. Recipe revised and updated with new photographs and video November 12, 2018.