This cozy and comforting chicken noodle soup is on the table in just 30 minutes!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup peeled and sliced carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion (1 small onion)
- 1 cup sliced celery (about 2 ribs of celery)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 7 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups shredded or cubed fully cooked chicken
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 1/2 cups wide egg noodles (approximately 5 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Melt butter in a 6 quart dutch oven or large soup pot over medium high heat. Add carrots, onion and celery. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Add chicken broth, water, cream of chicken soup, dill, rosemary, salt, pepper, cooked chicken and bay leaves. Stir to combine.
- Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Add noodles and stir to combine. Reduce heat as necessary to maintain a gentle boil (medium high to medium). Boil gently for 8 minutes (stirring occasionally), or until noodles and vegetables are tender.
- Remove and discard bay leaves. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy homemade chicken noodle soup