We all need a simple and easy go-to recipe for a game day appetizer that everyone will love… that’s why I’m excited to share with you these Easy Cheesy Jalapeno Poppers!
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
Cheesy Jalapeno Poppers
It really doesn’t get any easier than this, friends!
Slice and seed jalapenos and fill with a cream cheese mixture… I used vegetable cream cheese spread mixed with shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
Roll ’em up in crescent rolls, brush with egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
Bake for 12-16 minutes and you’ve got the perfect cheesy jalapeno appetizer that all of your guests will LOVE!
Just to show you how EASY these are to make, here’s a video! ***NOTE: My skin is not sensitive to hot peppers, so I didn’t wear gloves while working with the jalapenos in this video. It is advisable to wear gloves! 🙂Print
- 4 ounces (1/2 of an 8-ounce container) of garden vegetable cream cheese spread
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 small jalapeno chile peppers, sliced in half lengthwise and seeds removed
- 1 (8-ounce) can crescent rolls, each triangle sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 egg, beaten
- Poppy seeds
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or grease.
- In a small bowl, stir together garden vegetable cream cheese spread and shredded cheddar cheese to combine well.
- Stuff each jalapeno pepper half with cream cheese mixture.
- Place stuffed jalapeno pepper on shortest side of crescent roll triangle and wrap. Place onto greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining peppers and crescent roll triangles.
- Brush each crescent roll with beaten egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until crescent rolls are golden brown.
Adapted from Pillsbury