This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
We all need a simple and easy go-to recipe for a game day appetizer that everyone will love… that’s why I’m excited to share with you these Easy Cheesy Jalapeno Poppers!
It really doesn’t get any easier than this, friends!
Slice and seed jalapenos and fill with a cream cheese mixture… I used vegetable cream cheese spread mixed with shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
Roll ’em up in crescent rolls, brush with egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
Bake for 12 to 16 minutes and you’ve got the perfect cheesy jalapeno appetizer that all of your guests will LOVE!
Just to show you how EASY these are to make, here’s a video! ***NOTE: My skin is not sensitive to hot peppers, so I didn’t wear gloves while working with the jalapenos in this video. It is advisable to wear gloves! 🙂Print
- 4 ounces (1/2 of an 8 ounce container) of garden vegetable cream cheese spread
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 small jalapeno peppers, sliced in half lengthwise and seeds removed
- 1 (8 ounce) tube crescent rolls, each triangle sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or grease.
- In a small bowl, stir together garden vegetable cream cheese spread and shredded cheddar cheese to combine well.
- Stuff each jalapeno pepper half with cream cheese mixture.
- Place stuffed jalapeno pepper on shortest side of crescent roll triangle and wrap. Place onto greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining peppers and crescent roll triangles.
- Brush each crescent roll with beaten egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until crescent rolls are golden brown.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheesy jalapeno poppers
Adapted from Pillsbury