This post is sponsored by Silk. All opinions shared are my own!
I love a good challenge, just ask anyone who knows me. If someone tells me I can’t do something, I’ll typically bend over backwards to prove that I can, which has worked out in my favor a few times! I was recently challenged in Silk’s #MeatlessMondayNightChallenge to create a recipe appropriate for tailgating season that was meatless AND dairy-free. Oh my. After brainstorming for a while, I decided to try making this Creamy Yogurt Guacamole with Silk’s dairy-free yogurt.
SCORE! Another challenge that came out in my favor. I normally use mayonnaise in my guacamole, but this is a new alternative that I’ll definitely be making again. I’m not lactose-intolerant or intolerant of dairy products, but I have a lot friends who are. By working with Silk, I’ve been able to help them with recipes that adapt to their lifestyle, which makes me happy.
When I first started thinking of tailgating recipes, the only foods I could think of were wings and cheesy dips, so this was definitely a challenge. This guacamole came out the perfect consistency for my taste, but if you prefer creamier, just add more yogurt.
I was also worried about using vanilla yogurt, hoping that it wouldn’t be too sweet. It added just a hint of sweetness and didn’t overpower the other ingredients whatsoever.
What are your favorite meatless and dairy-free appetizers?Print
Yogurt is a healthy alternative to using mayonnaise in this delicious appetizer!
- 3 small avocados, halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/3 cup Silk vanilla yogurt (more or less to desired consistency)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2/3 cup seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Scoop out the flesh of the halved and pitted avocados and place in a medium bowl. Add lime juice and mash with a fork to desired consistency. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately or cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Category: Appetizers
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: yogurt guacamole
Adapted from Just A Taste
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.