- 8 ounces rotini pasta
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 1 large head broccoli)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1–1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced into strips or bite-sized cubes
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1–1/2 cups whole milk
- 1–1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Shredded Parmesan cheese and fresh chopped parsley, for topping (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Add broccoli florets during the last 4 minutes of cook time. Drain well.
- While pasta is cooking, season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium high heat (I used a 12-inch skillet). Add chicken and cook for approximately 6-7 minutes (3 to 3-1/2 minutes on each side), or until chicken is no longer pink and fully cooked. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, melt the remaining 1/3 cup of butter. Add garlic and sauté (stirring constantly), until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Add cream cheese cubes and Italian seasoning. Whisk to smooth out any large lumps.
- Slowly pour in milk, about 1/4 cup at a time, while continuing to whisk.
- Add Parmesan cheese and whisk or stir well to combine. Continue to cook and stir for 2-3 minutes, or until sauce reaches desired thickness.
- Remove from heat and add pasta, broccoli and cooked chicken to skillet with sauce. Toss to coat evenly. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve sprinkled with shredded Parmesan cheese and fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
If reheating and sauce is too thick, add milk to reach desired consistency.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken broccoli Alfredo, chicken broccoli Alfredo recipe