- 1 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped yellow onion
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup loosely packed chopped or julienned fresh basil and additional fresh basil for topping, if desired
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Form pie shell in pie dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Sauté onions for approximately 3 minutes, or until tender.
- Toss shredded cheeses in a large bowl to combine. Spread cheese in bottom of pie crust, then evenly arrange tomatoes over cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, cooked onions, salt and pepper until combined. Gently stir in basil.
- Evenly pour egg mixture over cheese and tomatoes.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until eggs are set and crust is golden brown.
- Top with additional fresh basil, if desired.