Today I’m sharing an insanely easy and awesome cocktail that is guaranteed to WOW you and your guests: Butterscotch White Russians.
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Yes, that’s right… I said BUTTERSCOTCH. Oh yessssss. Today we had a freak snow day here in eastern NC and the only thing I could think of to make were these cocktails!
The fireplace keeps it warm enough in here that I can totally indulge in a cocktail with ice. 🙂 Thank goodness. Sooooo… I added a special rim to this drink. It’s nothing crazy but will add a SPECTACULAR effect to this cocktail. I crushed 5 butterscotch candies (in a resealable baggie) with a marble rolling pin on my cutting board for the rim. I also dipped the glasses in a caramel syrup before rimming in the butterscotch candy crumbs.
For 3 servings to rim the glasses, you’ll need about 5 butterscotch candies (crushed) and about 2 tablespoons of caramel syrup. Enjoy!Print
Butterscotch White Russians
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: Approximately 24 ounces (3 cocktials)
For rimming glasses (optional):
- 2 tablespoons caramel syrup
- 5 butterscotch candy disks, crushed
For the cocktail:
- ½ cup vodka
- ½ cup coffee liqueur
- ½ cup butterscotch schnapps
- 1–½ cups whole milk
- Ground nutmeg (desired amount)
- Rim 3 glasses with caramel syrup, then dip in crushed butterscotch candy.
- Pour vodka, coffee liqueur, butterscotch schnapps and whole milk in a small pitcher. Stir to combine. Pour over ice in glasses and sprinkle with desired amount of nutmeg.
I’m right on board with this… However, I have butterscotch flavored moonshine, so I’m making a variation of this with the moonshine acting as the vodka and the butterscotch schnapps. These flavors are excellent together and you don’t really feel like your getting drunk, until you are! Your recipe and idea are amazing!
U Rock Blond Cook!!..Thank you.
Amy @ The Blond Cook
Thanks so much, Lora! 🙂