Step up your guacamole game with this perfectly seasoned and savory Bacon Chipotle Guacamole!
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe.
I adore guacamole! However, the first time I tried to make it I purchased my avocados under-ripe. I could hardly get the flesh out of the skin and it was hard as a rock. I learned the hard way that the trick is to press on them slightly. If they give slightly they’re perfect. If an avocado gives a LOT (feels mushy) or the skin is coming away from the avocado it’s probably too over-ripe for guacamole.
Guacamole is an appetizer dip that is perfect year-round… from football season to holiday parties to summer snacking, it’s always welcomed!
And as the old saying goes, BACON makes everything better, right?! I’ve been craving guacamole, and wanted to try something a little different. The addition of bacon and chipotle chile pepper powder takes this guacamole over the top! The bacon adds a slight meaty and salty flavor, while the chipotle adds a hint of smokiness.
I slashed time by using packaged bacon recipe pieces, but by all means, fry up some bacon if you have the time.
So the next time you’re craving guacamole, you MUST give this recipe a try!
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chile pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- ½ cup seeded and diced Roma tomato (about 1 medium Roma tomato)
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 (2.5-ounce) package bacon recipe pieces (or ⅔ cup fully cooked and crumbled bacon)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- Cut avocados in half lengthwise and remove seed. Scoop out flesh into a medium bowl.
- Add lime juice, salt, cumin, chipotle powder and garlic. Mash with a large fork or potato masher to desired consistency.
- Gently stir in tomatoes, red onion, bacon pieces and cilantro.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips or cover with plastic wrap, being sure to cover the surface of the guacamole so that no air is present (to prevent browning).