This hearty guacamole with bacon and seasoned with chipotle is always a crowd-pleasing appetizer!
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup seeded and diced Roma tomato (about 1 medium Roma tomato)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 (2.5-ounce) package bacon recipe pieces (or 2/3 cup fully cooked and crumbled bacon)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Cut avocados in half lengthwise and remove seed. Scoop out flesh into a medium bowl.
- Add lime juice, salt, cumin, chipotle powder and garlic. Mash with a large fork or potato masher to desired consistency.
- Gently stir in tomatoes, red onion, bacon pieces and cilantro.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips or cover with plastic wrap, being sure to cover the surface of the guacamole so that no air is present (to prevent browning).
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: bacon chipotle guacamole, bacon guacamole recipe