Dinner or an appetizer doesn’t get much quicker than this easy recipe for 15 Minute Buttery Garlic Shrimp!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
I love shrimp! There are just so many ways shrimp can be prepared and this is one of my new favorites. This recipe is quick, crazy freaking easy and most of all, insanely delicious. My kinda recipe.
If your shrimp are already peeled, this comes together in about 15 minutes. It’s perfect if you have to throw together a last-minute appetizer.
Or pair it with a salad and a crusty French baguette for a lightening fast dinner… you’ll need that bread to sop up all of that smooth buttery garlic goodness! 😮 This recipe yields about 5-6 appetizer servings or 3-4 dinner servings if paired with a salad and bread (depending on how hungry everyone is!).
I left the tails on (they’re so pretty to me) but feel free to peel them with or without the tails left on.Print
Perfectly seasoned shrimp in a buttery garlic sauce that comes together in just 15 minutes!
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 1/3 cup white wine (I used chardonnay)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add shrimp to skillet and saute for 3-4 minutes (stirring frequently), or until shrimp have just turned pink on both sides.
- Transfer shrimp to a plate and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, add minced garlic and cook until fragrant, stirring constantly for about 30 seconds. Add wine and lemon juice, while continuing to stir. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add remaining butter, stirring constantly until sauce is thickened (about 2 minutes). Remove skillet from heat and return shrimp to butter sauce. Gently stir to evenly coat shrimp. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with French bread, if desired.
Adapted from Southern Living
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: buttery garlic shrimp