Dinner or an appetizer doesn’t get much quicker than this 15 Minute Buttery Garlic Shrimp!
There are so many ways shrimp can be prepared and this is one of my new favorites. This recipe is quick, incredibly easy and most of all, insanely delicious.
If your shrimp are already peeled, this comes together in about 15 minutes. It’s perfect if you have to throw together a last-minute appetizer.
Or pair it with a salad and a crusty French baguette for a lightening fast dinner… you’ll need that bread to sop up all of that smooth buttery garlic goodness!
How Many People Does This Serve?
This recipe yields about five to six appetizer servings or three to four dinner servings if paired with a salad and bread (depending on how hungry everyone is!).
I left the tails on (they’re so pretty to me) but feel free to peel them with or without the tails left on.
More Easy Shrimp Recipes You’ll LovePrint
15 Minute Buttery Garlic Shrimp
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
Seasoned shrimp in a delicious buttery garlic sauce is an easy 15 minute appetizer or main course!
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- ⅓ cup white wine (I used chardonnay)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add shrimp to skillet and saute for 3 to 4 minutes (stirring frequently), or until shrimp have just turned pink on both sides.
- Transfer shrimp to a plate and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, add minced garlic and cook until fragrant, stirring constantly for about 30 seconds. Add wine and lemon juice, while continuing to stir. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add remaining butter, stirring constantly until sauce is thickened (about 2 minutes). Remove skillet from heat and return shrimp to butter sauce. Gently stir to evenly coat shrimp. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with French bread, if desired.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: garlic butter shrimp
Adapted from Southern Living
Rate & Comment