I absolutely LOVE recipes that satisfy comfort food cravings, are simple to prepare AND taste insanely delicious… just like this easy Taco Soup!
This Taco Soup is one of those recipes. Brown some ground beef and onions, then add a few more canned ingredients and seasoning packets into a pot. Simmer. DONE.
I made this EASY Taco Soup with (original) RO*TEL because it has the tomatoes and green chiles together in one can. No need to buy separate cans of green chiles and diced tomatoes.
This recipe is also freezer-friendly and can be cooked in your slow cooker while you’re away… there’s nothin’ better than coming home to the smells of a hearty hot soup ready to eat!
Top it off with adding sour cream, green onions and shredded cheese… or even throw in some crushed corn chips!
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 (10 ounce) cans RO*TEL diced tomatoes & green chiles, undrained
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans light red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (3.8 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch salad dressing seasoning
- 1 (1.5 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- Optional garnishes: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, sliced green onions, corn chips
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onions until beef is no longer pink. Drain in a colander.
- Transfer beef and onions to a large soup pot. Add RO*TEL, corn, kidney beans, black olives and seasoning packets. Stir well to combine.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.