It makes me ohhhh so happy that strawberry season is here! My mama gifted me with a big bowl of fresh, local strawberries and the first thing I did was make this Strawberry Spinach Salad with a Homemade Red Wine Vinaigrette.
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
It’s so hearty that you can eat it as a meal in itself. I ate it as a side with chicken I grilled – I’m so happy that warm weather is here so I can start grilling more!
This spinach salad is so easy to make and full of good stuff: Fresh strawberries, red onions, toasted walnuts and feta cheese. Blue cheese would also be great but I already had feta in my fridge.
The homemade red wine vinaigrette is very simple. The bottled stuff is good to me too, but I already had everything to make it (you probably do too!). The recipe I’m providing for the vinaigrette yields 3/4 cup which was enough for me and my guests, but if you’re a dressing lover you might want to double the recipe.
This recipe yields enough for 2 large meal sized salads or 4 side salads. Enjoy!
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (6-ounce) package baby spinach
- 1-1/2 cups strawberries, sliced or quartered
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup toasted chopped walnuts
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta or blue cheese
- Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Toss together all ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with red wine vinaigrette.