*** This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KitchenAid. All opinions and text are mine.
When I was invited to participate in the KitchenAid Apple Challenge, the first thing that crossed my mind was, “How can I make a simple and healthy apple recipe that is perfect for the last days of summer that anyone can make?”. If you’re a regular reader of the blog, you know that my recipes are simple, delicious and easy to follow.
This salad is chock full of granny smith apples, toasted walnuts, golden raisins, red onion and blue cheese. When you flavor it with the homemade sweet and sour poppyseed dressing, it takes it over the top into what’s now my favorite salad incorporating fruit. If you aren’t a fan of poppyseeds, simply omit it in the dressing (it will still be fabulous!).
For the dressing (yields 1-1/2 cups):
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 1–1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
For the salad:
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh baby spinach, washed and stems removed
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, cored and sliced
- 1 cup toasted walnuts
- 1–1/2 cups golden raisins
- 2 cups sliced red onion
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
For the dressing:
- Pour all ingredients into a medium bowl. Whisk until combined. Set aside.
For the salad:
- Toss all salad ingredients until incorporated. Pour dressing over salad when ready to serve.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KitchenAid Elite Bloggers. The opinions and text are all mine.