I recently ate this easy Greek Summer Salad on our friends’ houseboat and knew I had to make it again the following week!
We recently went out on the boat to check out the weigh-ins at The Big Rock Blue Marlin Tournament and ended up hanging out with our friends Joe and Sally on their houseboat.
I’m all about boat rides because this is what I get to see on the way home. I’m so blessed to live in such a beautiful place!
Joe brought me a bowl of his Summer Salad that had been marinating for a few hours… I fell in love with the combination of feta cheese, cucumbers, tomatoes and onions!
The only thing I did differently with making this salad is that I added sliced black olives. I could eat a whole large can of black olives as a snack. Since Joe’s salad had feta cheese in it, I thought it’d be awesome with them.
AND IT WAS.
This is another super-easy summertime salad that you’ll enjoy all throughout the summer months. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 3-1/2 cups sliced cucumbers (about 1 large English cucumber or 2 regular-sized cucumbers)
- ½ cup sliced yellow onion
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (about 4 Roma tomatoes)
- 1 small can sliced black olives, drained (2.25 ounce drained weight)
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅛ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Place salad ingredients in a large bowl. Toss gently to combine.
- Place dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Drizzle over salad. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.