Peaches are one of my favorite summer fruits… and rum is one of my favorite liquors.
So it didn’t take me long to figure out that peaches + rum = Peach Mojitos.
It’s actually not that difficult to prepare. You’ll need a muddler to muddle the peaches and mint. If you don’t have a muddler, you can use the back of a wooden spoon to mash it all together. Muddle a few mint leaves with lime juice, a peeled peach, mint and sugar. Add some white rum… pour in a glass over ice… then finish it off with club soda.
Garnish with a fresh slice of peach and mint sprig, if desired.
Then drink up (responsibly, of course!). Cheers!
- 1 shot (1.5 ounces) white rum
- 1 small peach, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4-5 mint leaves, torn
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Club soda
- Muddle peach chunks with mint leaves, lime juice and sugar.
- Add rum and stir or swirl well to combine. Fill a tall glass with ice, and pour peach mixture over ice. Top with club soda.
- Garnish with peaches, lime and/or mint sprigs.
Adapted from Cookie and Kate