Today I’m blogging from Kansas… we just arrived and got the camper set up. What a long (but beautiful!!!) drive. I’ve made this simple Zucchini and Onions recipe twice so far along the way.
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe!
Here’s my little camper stove, I love the gas burners! I don’t have a gas stove at home and enjoy the instant heat.
I start out by sautéing my zucchini and onions in olive oil. Then after about 5 minutes I add a half cup of water and continue to cook until they’re the texture and consistency I like. That’s just how I like it! Not steamed or stewed until they’re “mushy”, but not crisp either.
Here’s a picture of Kansas I took along the way… I’ve never been able to see this far for miles and miles except for being offshore fishing!
This is how I like to prepare my zucchini and onions. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have over the years!Print
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium-sized zucchini, sliced (about 4-1/2 cups, sliced)
- 1 cup sliced red or yellow onion (about ½ of a large red or yellow onion)
- ½ teaspoon salt (more or less, to taste)
- ½ teaspoon pepper (more or less, to taste)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder (more or less, to taste)
- ½ cup water
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a skillet. Add zucchini, onions, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add water and reduce heat to medium. Continue to cook, stirring frequently for an additional 8-10 minutes, or until desired texture is desired.