This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Today I’m blogging from Kansas… we just arrived and got the camper set up. What a long (but beautiful!!!) drive. I’ve made this simple Zucchini and Onions recipe twice so far along the way.
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe!
It’s so crazy simple to make… and is off the chain delicious! Zucchini season is in full effect right now, so they’re at just about every roadside vegetable stand we pass.
Here’s my little camper stove, I love the gas burners! I don’t have a gas stove at home and enjoy the instant heat.
I start out by sautéing my zucchini and onions in olive oil. Then after about 5 minutes I add a half cup of water and continue to cook until they’re the texture and consistency I like. That’s just how I like it! Not steamed or stewed until they’re “mushy”, but not crisp either.
Here’s a picture of Kansas I took along the way… I’ve never been able to see this far for miles and miles except for being offshore fishing!
This is how I like to prepare my zucchini and onions. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have over the years!Print
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium-sized zucchini, sliced (about 4-1/2 cups, sliced)
- 1 cup sliced red or yellow onion (about ½ of a large red or yellow onion)
- ½ teaspoon salt (more or less, to taste)
- ½ teaspoon pepper (more or less, to taste)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder (more or less, to taste)
- ½ cup water
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a skillet. Add zucchini, onions, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add water and reduce heat to medium. Continue to cook, stirring frequently for an additional 8-10 minutes, or until desired texture is desired.