Happy Earth Day! Today I’m celebrating with one of my favorite recipes: Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil Bruschetta.
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe!
Summer is getting ready to be in full swing and there’s nothing I look forward to more than fresh, organic tomatoes and basil from my mom’s garden. She’s got a green thumb to die for.
Which is definitely something I didn’t inherit.
And since Earth Day is nationally recognized… it has to be celebrated, right? I try to recognize Earth Day every day by being as “green” as possible. But what better way is there to celebrate than with a glass (or two) of Estancia wine?
Estancia is committed to renewable energy through their winery’s Solar Project, which generates 75% of the winery’s energy. I drank their Pinot Noir with this bruschetta, but their chardonnay would have paired nicely as well.
Honestly, I’m a beer and cocktail girl, but I must say I did enjoy this wine. I am by no means a wine connoisseur. When I drink wine, I either know if I like it or if I don’t. The smooth berry flavor of their Pinot Noir had me pouring a
second third glass… but I was home and drinking responsibly.
My goal this year to help protect my earth is to avoid using pesticides, plant my own organic garden (help, Mama!) and recycle as much as I can.
I hope you enjoy this simple recipe for Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil Bruschetta that I prepared with organic ingredients. Raise a glass to the environment… CHEERS!
Disclosure: Estancia Wine provided me with product for review and I was not compensated for this post. All opinions shared are my own. Please drink responsibly!
- 2 cups sliced cherry tomatoes (about a 10 ounce container)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus an additional 1/4 cup for brushing baguette slices
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) baguette, sliced about 1/2 inch thick
- 1–1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (about 4 ounces)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place sliced cherry tomatoes, basil, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir gently to combine; set aside to marinate.
- Place baguette slices on a large baking sheet. Brush remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil over baguette slices. Top evenly with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and top with tomato mixture. Serve immediately.
Adapted from Southernboy Dishes