- 2 cups sliced cherry tomatoes (about a 10 ounce container)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus an additional 1/4 cup for brushing baguette slices
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) baguette, sliced about 1/2 inch thick
- 1–1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (about 4 ounces)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place sliced cherry tomatoes, basil, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir gently to combine; set aside to marinate.
- Place baguette slices on a large baking sheet. Brush remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil over baguette slices. Top evenly with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and top with tomato mixture. Serve immediately.
Adapted from Southernboy Dishes