This Spiked Peach Tea is an easy southern summertime favorite cocktail!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
If there were ever a cocktail made for sitting in a rocking chair and porch sipping, this is it. It’s incredibly easy to throw together and guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser!
I started making this cocktail over the weekend to sit out on the porch and enjoy the sunshine and thought to myself, “I should really re-photograph this!” (I originally published this recipe in 2012).
Can I make this peach tea non-alcoholic?
Yes, you can! Simply omit the whiskey.
Make it extra-special and garnish with fresh peach slices and mint sprigs!
Originally published April 26, 2012 and updated June 4, 2018.Print
- 6 small tea bags
- 1 quart water
- 2 cups peach nectar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Your favorite whiskey
- Optional: fresh sliced peaches and mint sprigs for garnish
- Pour 1 cup of water in a small saucepan. Add tea bags and bring to a boil.
- Just as water comes to a boil, remove from heat and cover to steep. Allow to steep for 5 minutes.
- Pour tea into pitcher with sugar. Add remaining water and stir well to combine and melt sugar. Allow tea to cool in refrigerator for 1 hour (covered).
- Add peach nectar to tea and stir well to combine.
- Pour peach tea over ice, leaving enough room for 1 shot of whiskey. Stir to combine.
- Optional: Add fresh sliced peaches to tea and garnish with mint sprig.
Slightly adapted from Bobby Flay