Delicious homemade applesauce is so easy prepared in your slow cooker!
- 3–1/2 to 4 pounds apples (I used a combination of gala and granny smith), peeled, cored and chopped into about 1-1/2 to 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice (or ground cinnamon)
- Place chopped apples in the insert of your slow cooker. Pour in water and lemon juice, then sprinkle evenly with brown sugar and apple pie spice (or cinnamon).
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Remove lid and stir well. Mash apples with a fork or potato masher until desired consistency is reached. Serve warm or allow to cool, place in an airtight container and refrigerate.
I used a 6-quart slow cooker in this recipe.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Slow Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: slow cooker applesauce, crockpot applesauce