So savory with sweet apple and robust rosemary flavors… this Slow Cooker Apple Rosemary Pork Loin is a definite recipe keeper for your Crock Pot cooking!
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe.
My mama gave me a beautiful pork loin she bought on sale a while back and it’s been tucked away in my freezer for a month or so. I’ve been thinking about a slow cooker recipe to make with it, because I know school season is about to start back. This is SO EASY to put together and have an awesome meal for those busy school nights.
You’ll need 2 large granny smith apples cored and sliced about 1/4 inch thick. Slice the pork in slits deep enough for the apple slices to fit in. Place the remaining slices on the bottom of your slow cooker and place the pork loin on top.
Pour chicken broth over the top of the pork and season with salt and pepper. Add a sliced yellow onion around the pork loin, then sprinkle ground cinnamon and fresh chopped rosemary on top of all the ingredients.
The end result? ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL! Perfectly tender and juicy pork with flavors of apple, rosemary and cinnamon.
- 1 (3-pound) pork loin
- 2 large granny smith apples, cored and sliced about ¼-inch thick
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
- Spray your slow cooker insert with cooking spray or grease well.
- Place pork loin fat side up on a cutting board. Slice pork loin into slits (about 1-inch apart) deep enough for apples. Place 2 apple slices into each slit (skin side up). Place remaining apple slices evenly into bottom of slow cooker.
- Pour chicken broth over pork loin. Sprinkle desired amount of salt and pepper over pork loin.
- Spread onion slices around pork loin. Sprinkle cinnamon and rosemary over all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.