Tender, sweet and savory pork with just 10 minutes prep time. Let your slow cooker do the work!
- 1 (3 pound) pork loin
- 2 large granny smith apples, cored and sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Spray your slow cooker insert with cooking spray or grease well.
- Place pork loin fat side up on a cutting board. Slice pork loin into slits (about 1 inch apart) deep enough for apple slices. Place 2 apple slices into each slit (skin side up). Place remaining apple slices evenly into bottom of slow cooker.
- Pour chicken broth over pork loin. Sprinkle desired amount of salt and pepper over pork loin.
- Spread onion slices around pork loin. Sprinkle cinnamon and rosemary over all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
The National Pork Board recommends cooking pork chops, roasts, and tenderloin to an internal temperature between 145° F. (medium rare) and 160° F. (medium), followed by a 3 minute rest. Since large cuts increase approximately 10° F. while resting, remove them from the heat at 150° F. followed by a 10 minute rest.
- Category: Slow Cooker
- Method: Slow Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: slow cooker apple pork loin, crock pot apple pork loin