Guess what? You DON’T have to sacrifice taste when eating healthy. I’m here to tell you this EASY Skinny Vegetable Frittata made with egg whites is gonna rock your world.
I normally don’t cook with egg whites a lot, but a lot of you said you were looking for healthy, easy recipes. Well here you go and I’m in love with this recipe, so thanks.
The vegetables I used in this frittata were peppers and onions. I also added mushrooms because I absolutely LOVE them and add them to just about anything I can. You can use diced tomatoes, spinach, asparagus… the opportunities are endless in what you can throw together to make this beast of a healthy breakfast happen. And with a maximum of 7 minutes cook time… well, that’s just the icing on the cake.
If you’re like most people (ME), I know you’re probably thinking about working on that waistline before bikini weather hits (it can’t get here soon enough!). I’ve recently tried to start back running and all I can say is Lord have mercy while I’m shaking my head. Pitiful. Just pitiful. It’s amazing what you lose when you stop doing it on a regular basis.
You can also make this frittata even “skinnier” by using low-fat cheese, too. It is perfect for a weekend brunch… especially when there’s a mimosa involved.
Need more skinny recipe inspiration?
- Skinny Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Skinny Scalloped Potatoes
- Spicy Black Bean Burgers with Pineapple Avocado Salsa
Skinny Vegetable Frittata – You can’t go wrong with this easy and healthy egg white frittata made with your favorite veggies!
- 1 cup egg whites (egg whites from about 6 or 7 large eggs)
- 1/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup sliced bell peppers
- 2 heaping tablespoons canned mushrooms (drained)
- Optional chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg whites, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper. Add shredded cheese and gently stir to combine.
- Grease a cast iron skillet or spray with cooking spray. Cook onions in skillet over medium heat until tender (about 2 minutes). Pour egg white mixture into skillet. Place vegetables into egg white mixture.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes on medium heat on the stove top, or until edges of frittata are set. Remove from stove top and transfer to your preheated oven to cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until egg whites are set and cooked. Garnish with parsley, if desired
Adapted from Laaloosh.com