This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Okay guys… here’s the deal. I’ve gained some weight. So I’m going to be seriously trying to eat healthier in the upcoming few months. I’m starting out with these amazing Salmon Noodle Bowls!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
I admit… I love fats and I love carbs. What’s awesome about this recipe is that it is so NOT boring, satisfying, and I still get my fats and carbs. But in a healthy way. It’s all about compromise… right?!
I finally went to the gym this weekend to work out (haven’t been in FOREVER!). Lo and behold, 13 pounds have strangely showed up since last year this time when I got on the scales.
There is absolutely NO WAY I can eat low carb on a regular basis… but you WILL be seeing a few low carb recipes in the upcoming months. I can handle it a day here and there… I figure if I change my eating habits and continue to work out, I’ll be back where I want to be in the next few months.
Don’t think you won’t see a cocktail or three being thrown in, though.
- 6 ounces whole grain spaghetti noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 3–1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus (about 1/2 bunch), tough stems removed and cut into about 2-inch pieces
- 1 (1 pound) salmon fillet, skin removed and cut into about 1-inch pieces
- 1–1/2 cups sliced and quartered cucumber (about half of an English cucumber)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Optional: 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, for garnish
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. While the spaghetti is cooking, whisk together sesame oil, lime juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Once the spaghetti has finished cooking, remove the noodles with tongs to a colander to drain. Using the same boiling water the spaghetti has cooked in, add asparagus and boil for about 2-3 minutes (until crisp-tender). Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Spray with cooking spray. Add the salmon and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through (time will depend upon thickness). Set aside.
- Place noodles in 4 bowls and top evenly with cucumbers, salmon, asparagus and avocado slices.
- Drizzle evenly with sesame oil mixture and sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
Adapted from Health.com