- 6 ounces whole grain spaghetti noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 3–1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus (about 1/2 bunch), tough stems removed and cut into about 2-inch pieces
- 1 (1 pound) salmon fillet, skin removed and cut into about 1-inch pieces
- 1–1/2 cups sliced and quartered cucumber (about half of an English cucumber)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Optional: 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, for garnish
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. While the spaghetti is cooking, whisk together sesame oil, lime juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Once the spaghetti has finished cooking, remove the noodles with tongs to a colander to drain. Using the same boiling water the spaghetti has cooked in, add asparagus and boil for about 2-3 minutes (until crisp-tender). Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Spray with cooking spray. Add the salmon and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through (time will depend upon thickness). Set aside.
- Place noodles in 4 bowls and top evenly with cucumbers, salmon, asparagus and avocado slices.
- Drizzle evenly with sesame oil mixture and sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
Adapted from Health.com
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins