An easy stir fry recipe with lean pork, vegetables and pineapple on the table in 30 minutes or less.
- 4 cups prepared quick cooking rice (prepare according to package directions)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 1/8 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound boneless center cut pork loin chops, cut into thin strips
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen stir fry vegetables (I used peking stir fry which is broccoli, carrots, onions, green beans, pea pods & red peppers)
- 1 cup (drained) canned pineapple chunks
- Prepare quick-cooking rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together water, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add pork strips and cook for about 5 minutes (or until 145 degrees F), turning frequently.
- Add frozen stir fry vegetables and water/teriyaki/soy/cornstarch mixture and stir well to combine. Increase heat to high and bring to a gentle boil.
- Once mixture reaches a gentle boil, reduce heat to medium and cover. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until vegetables are a crisp-tender consistency. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Gently stir in pineapple chunks. Serve over rice.