An easy weeknight meal that comes together in ONE PAN and in 30 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 (12-ounce) package Aidells® Cajun Andouille Sausage, sliced thinly
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or milk
- 8 ounces rotini pasta (or pasta of your choice)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Optional: Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat olive oil. Add minced garlic, onions and sausage slices. Cook about 3 minutes, or until sausage is lightly browned and onions are tender, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes and green chiles in their juices, heavy cream (or milk), pasta, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low, or to maintain a gentle simmer. Simmer for approximately 15 minutes, or until pasta is cooked.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese. Top with the remaining cheese and fresh chopped parsley.
Adapted from Damn Delicious