This Nutella Stuffed French Toast is perfect for brunch on Valentines Day (or any special occasion!).
Because calories don’t count on special occasions, right?! That’s what I’m sayin’. I’ve never been a big breakfast eater at all… I realize it’s an important meal but I’m just not really hungry in the mornings and can’t help it. BUT, I always try to cook a decent breakfast or brunch on holidays or special occasions.
And since Valentines Day is right around the corner, I couldn’t think of anything more perfect than this french toast stuffed with the Nutella goodness of hazelnut and cocoa!
This recipe is so very simple. I just used my normal method of making french toast and slathered some Nutella in between 2 slices of french bread.
Top it off with some powdered sugar and fresh fruit like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc.
Speaking of Valentines Day… do you go “all-out” or keep it simple? Everyone’s different. I just think that no matter what, it’s the thought that counts. And you making this Nutella Stuffed French Toast sure would be mighty thoughtful of you to make for your honey! 🙂
Happy Valentines Day! xoxoPrint
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 slices french bread (sliced about 3/4″ thick)
- 6 tablespoons Nutella hazelnut spread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Powdered sugar and fresh fruit, for toppings (optional)
- Your favorite syrup
- In a baking dish, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Spread 1 1/2 tablespoons of Nutella on 4 slices of french bread and top with the other 4 slices.
- Place in egg mixture and allow each side to soak for approximately 1 minute.
- Melt butter in a skillet over moderate high heat. Add the french toast sandwiches and cook approximately 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Top with powdered sugar, fresh fruit and syrup.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: nutella french toast