You’re just FIVE simple ingredients away from one of the most delicious treats of your life with this easy NO BAKE dessert!
These taste just like a peanut butter cup and are prepared in about 15 minutes. The hardest part is waiting for them to set in the fridge after you make them. They’re totally irresistible!
This is also a great recipe to make with your kids. Very few steps are involved and they’ll definitely have a delicious treat to look forward to.
Your Simple Ingredients
- Chocolate chips – semi-sweet
- Butter – salted or unsalted can be used
- Peanut butter – creamy (not chunky)
- Graham cracker crumbs – use finely crushed crumbs
- Powdered sugar
How to Make Them
- Stir together melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and peanut butter in a large bowl until combined.
- Press mixture into an 8×8 or 9×9 pan lined with parchment paper.
- Microwave chocolate chips and 1/4 cup peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl until melted. Stir until smooth and combined.
- Spread chocolate mixture over graham cracker mixture. Refrigerate until firm.
A Delicious Year-Round Treat
What I love about this dessert is that it’s not seasonal and is a perfect sweet treat every month of the year.
It’s great for summer because no baking is required and makes for a delicious holiday gift during the winter months!
Absolutely! Wrap the bars individually in plastic wrap, place in an airtight storage container and freeze for up to 3 months. Pop them in the fridge to defrost.
More No-Bake Desserts You’ll Love
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- 3/4 cup butter melted (1 1/2 sticks)
- 2 cups finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter divided
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line an 8×8 or a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Stir together melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and 1 cup of the peanut butter in a large bowl with a large spoon until combined.
- Transfer graham cracker mixture to the prepared dish. Spread well and press evenly (I use a spatula to press).
- Microwave chocolate chips and the remaining 1/4 cup peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl for approximately 2 minutes on high, or until melted. Stir well to combine.
- Spread chocolate mixture evenly over graham cracker mixture. Refrigerate for at least one hour (or until firm) before slicing*. Store covered in the refrigerator.
- *When ready to slice, remove from fridge and allow to sit at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes so that the chocolate topping doesn’t crack when slicing.
- To freeze, wrap bars individually in plastic wrap and place in an airtight container. Freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost in the refrigerator.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.
Adapted from Allrecipes
Originally published August 2016. Updated with new photographs, helpful tips, recipe slightly revised and republished August 2020.