Do you ever find yourself getting tired of the “same ole’ same ole””? Me too!
We recently went on a little sailboat trip to Cape Lookout, NC, and my hubby caught a load of spanish mackerel fish. I fried those bad boys up last night! Now, if you’re a southerner like me, you know that you can’t eat fried fish without coleslaw (& baked beans!)
So I added a little “tropical flare” to my coleslaw & made mango coleslaw.
I like to slice my lettuce really thin with a sharp knife instead of shredding it.
And I used a little coconut juice to sweeten things up a little…
I highly suggest you try this recipe if you’re looking to break away from the ordinary “coleslaw”. Take it to your next pig pickin’ or fish fry you attend; it will be a welcomed variation from traditional coleslaw! 🙂Print
- 3 cups shredded or thinly sliced savoy cabbage (or green cabbage)
- 1 mango, peeled & cubed (about 1 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Sea salt, to taste
- Toss all ingredients in a large bowl. Cover & chill for 1 hour to allow flavors to develop.