This easy Mango Coleslaw is a delicious and refreshing side dish!
We recently went on a little sailboat trip to Cape Lookout, NC, and my hubby caught a load of spanish mackerel fish. I fried those bad boys up last night! Now, if you’re a southerner like me, you know that you can’t eat fried fish without coleslaw (and baked beans!)
So I added a little tropical flare to my coleslaw and made this mango coleslaw.
I like to slice my cabbage really thin with a sharp knife instead of shredding it.
And I used a little coconut juice to sweeten things up a little…
I highly suggest you try this recipe if you’re looking to break away from the ordinary coleslaw.Print
- 3 cups shredded or thinly sliced savoy cabbage (or green cabbage)
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed (about 1 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Sea salt, to taste
- Toss all ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and chill for 1 hour to allow flavors to develop.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mango coleslaw