This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Switch things up this Cinco de Mayo with this easy and refreshing Grapefruit Jalapeño Margarita!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
This margarita has a delicious flavor combination of sweet, tart and spicy. Adjust the sweetness to your personal preference by adding more (or less) simple syrup.
Speaking of Cinco de Mayo, can you believe it’s just around the corner?!
Sunshine and warm weather have been long awaited by me this winter… it was a tough one to say the least. I dealt with an unknown sickness for months and it was finally diagnosed in February that I had a tick borne disease. Thank goodness I’m over the worst part of it and am pretty much fully recovered. Hallelujah!
So I have a lot to celebrate this Cinco de Mayo and I hope you have lots to celebrate, too!
As I said earlier, you’re in control when it comes to adjusting the sweetness of this margarita by increasing or decreasing the amount of simple syrup (this recipe calls for 1 tablespoon in a ten ounce serving). You can purchase ready-made simple syrup, but it’s incredibly easy to make right at home.
How to make simple syrup:
It’s so simple (pun intended)! All you’ll need to do is boil equal parts granulated sugar and water (while stirring) until the sugar is dissolved in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
This recipe yields 10 ounces, so it will give you two small glasses or one grande . Cheers and please remember to drink responsibly!
Love margaritas? Check out all of my margarita recipes here!Print
A sweet, tart, spicy and refreshing margarita with grapefruit juice, jalapeño, tequila, triple sec and simple syrup.
- Kosher salt, for rimming glass
- 1 jalapeño slice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup silver tequila
- 3/4 cup grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons triple sec (orange liqueur)
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup (more or less, to taste)
- Optional: Sliced grapefruit and jalapeno, for garnish
- Rim glass with kosher salt.
- Muddle the jalapeño slice with lime juice in a shaker (if you don’t have a muddler, use the handle of a wooden spoon).
- Add tequila, grapefruit juice, triple sec and simple syrup and top with ice. Place the lid on the shaker and shake vigorously. Strain into prepared glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with sliced grapefruit and jalapeno, if desired.
- Category: Cocktails
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: grapefruit jalapeno margarita, grapefruit jalapeno cocktail