A sweet, tart, spicy and refreshing margarita with grapefruit juice, jalapeño, tequila, triple sec and simple syrup.
- Kosher salt, for rimming glass
- 1 jalapeño slice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup silver tequila
- 3/4 cup grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons triple sec (orange liqueur)
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup (more or less, to taste)
- Optional: Sliced grapefruit and jalapeno, for garnish
- Rim glass with kosher salt.
- Muddle the jalapeño slice with lime juice in a shaker (if you don’t have a muddler, use the handle of a wooden spoon).
- Add tequila, grapefruit juice, triple sec and simple syrup and top with ice. Place the lid on the shaker and shake vigorously. Strain into prepared glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with sliced grapefruit and jalapeno, if desired.