A hearty and cheesy goulash that’s so easy to prepare in one pan for easy cleanup. Ready in just 30 minutes!
- 1.25 pounds ground beef
- 1–1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced garlic
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1–1/2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1–1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a large dutch oven or soup pot over medium high heat, cook ground beef and onion until beef is no longer pink and browned (about 5 minutes). Crumble beef while cooking. Drain off grease.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, sugar, steak sauce and bay leaf. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a gentle boil and add elbow macaroni. Stir to combine. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and discard bay leaf. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Simmer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: goulash, american goulash, goulash recipe