This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Hey there, fellow pizza lovers! This recipe for Chicken Pesto Pizza is not only quick and simple, it’s amazingly delicious.
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe.
This is an older post from the archives I’m bringing back to life (with a few minor revisions) because it’s one of my very favorite recipes. I love it because it tastes incredible (obviously) and that you can throw it together very quickly if you’re using leftover cooked shredded chicken, jarred pesto and store-bought pizza dough.
Did you know? It’s SO EASY to shred cooked boneless chicken breasts using your mixer with the paddle attachment. It’s recommended to shred the chicken breasts while they’re warm or hot because they shred much easier. Cold chicken breasts are much harder to shred and might harm your mixer.
This is a great way to recycle leftover chicken and has been a favorite of mine for several years. I used a 12-inch pizza pan for this recipe. Adjust the ingredients for smaller or larger pan sizes and to your liking.
- 1 (13.8-ounce) tube refrigerated pizza dough
- ¼ cup prepared basil pesto (more or less, to taste)
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 2–1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 Roma tomato, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh julienned or chopped basil
- Optional: Grated parmesan cheese for topping
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray. Unroll dough onto pan and press from center to form dough to pan. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread pesto sauce over crust, leaving about an inch on the edge of crust. Top with 2 cups of the shredded cheese, cooked chicken and tomatoes. Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of shredded cheese evenly over pizza.
- Bake for an additional 5-7 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with basil and parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Category: Pizza
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: chicken pesto pizza
Originally published August 26, 2013 and updated October 3, 2016.