- 1 small head green cabbage, quartered, cored and thinly sliced or shredded
- 2 large carrots, julienned or shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1–1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, toss cabbage and carrots to combine.
- In a medium bowl, prepare dressing: Whisk and combine mayonnaise, sugar, celery seed, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and stir to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour before serving.