The classic martini gets a festive fall twist in this easy, beautiful and sinfully delicious cocktail!
This martini is almost too pretty to drink… almost! The caramel syrup and brown sugar rim give it something a little extra special to celebrate the arrival of fall.
I know we could all probably use something extra special in our lives right now, so let’s get started on how to make this mouthwatering cocktail!
What You’ll Need
- Apple cider – I normally find this in the refrigerated produce section of the grocery store with the other juices.
- Caramel vodka
- Caramel syrup – for rimming the glass
- Brown sugar – for rimming the glass
- Optional garnishes – fresh apple slices, cinnamon sticks and/or star anise
The garnishes, caramel syrup and brown sugar rim are totally optional, but I highly recommend them!
How to Rim the Glass
Pour caramel syrup in a small plate and add brown sugar to another small plate. Dip the rim of your glass in the syrup, then dip into the sugar to coat.
This step only takes about an extra minute or two and is so worth it!
Cheers to a new season… ENJOY!
More Fall Cocktails You’ll Love
- Caramel syrup for rimming glass
- Brown sugar for rimming glass
- 2 ounces caramel vodka
- 3 ounces apple cider
- Apple slice, star anise and/or cinnamon stick optional garnish
- Pour caramel syrup in a small plate. Add brown sugar to another small plate.
- Dip the rim of the glass in the syrup, then dip into the brown sugar to coat.
- Pour vodka and cider in a shaker with ice. Cover and vigorously shake. Strain into prepared martini glass.
- Garnish with sliced apple, star anise and/or cinnamon stick (if desired).
Nutritional info is provided as a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.
Originally published August 2013. Updated with new photographs, new text, recipe revised and republished September 2020.