All of the loaded baked potato fixings you love in an easy casserole!
- 3 large baking potatoes (about 2–1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 1–2/3 cups sour cream
- 1 (4.5-ounce drained weight) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 green onion, sliced (white and green parts)
- 1 (2.8 ounce) package bacon recipe pieces (real bacon, not imitation)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Thoroughly wash and scrub potatoes. Pierce potatoes with a fork. Wrap each potato tightly with foil.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour and 25 minutes, or until tender and easily pierced with a fork (check after 1 hour – time will depend upon size of potatoes).
- Carefully remove potatoes from foil, place in a large bowl and coarsely chop potatoes with a knife (skin included).
- Add butter, salt, and pepper. Stir with a large spoon until butter is melted.
- Add sour cream. Stir well to combine.
- Add mushrooms, green onions and bacon pieces. Stir well.
- Add shredded cheeses last and stir well to combine.
- Spoon into a casserole dish, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes, or until completely heated and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle evenly with paprika.