Dinner doesn’t get much easier than this: Baked Lemon Butter Chicken and Asparagus.
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Yessssss! I adore quick, easy and hassle-free meals. And this one is just that. Not to mention it’s sooooo satisfying and low carb, too! 🙂
But if you’re not worried about carbs, I think this would be insanely AWESOME with a side of rice.
I based this off of my Baked Lemon Butter Flounder recipe, while changing a few things up to better complement the chicken.
You just can’t go wrong with tender, juicy chicken breasts with crisp-tender asparagus in that herb, lemony buttery goodness… enjoy!Print
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, tough ends sliced or snapped off
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Zest from one lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons freshly minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 small lemon, thinly sliced (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken breasts and cook until browned, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Mix melted butter in a small bowl with lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, dill, thyme and tarragon by stirring or whisking well to combine.
- Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Place chicken breasts evenly along center of pan. Arrange asparagus spears around chicken. Drizzle evenly with butter mixture. Top with lemon slices, if desired.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until chicken breasts are thoroughly cooked and asparagus is tender (will depend upon thickness of chicken breasts).
- Baste with juices in pan before serving.