Full of meaty bacon, sweet pineapple and spicy ranch flavors, you’re going to LOVE this Bacon Pineapple Ranch Cheese Ball!
Today’s recipe is brought to you by the North Carolina Pork Council. I have been compensated for my time, and all opinions are 100% my own.
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
When I was told to come up with a pork-inspired appetizer, my mind started racing… what in the world could I make that was familiar, but yet a little out of the ordinary? Everyone loves cheese balls, and the flavors in this cheese ball combine perfectly into one of the most savory cheese balls you’ll ever eat! You have my word on it. 🙂
I can assure you that if you show up at a party with THIS, you’re going to be a hero. If you’re short on time and don’t have time to fry the bacon, you can cut time by using packaged real bacon pieces. But there’s just something about the smell of bacon frying that moves my soul. Yes, I said that!
So, if you need a sweet, savory and salty appetizer that everyone will love, here’s your recipe. Because everything’s better with BACON, right?! Merry Christmas!
- 1 cup fully cooked and drained diced bacon (about 6-7 slices)
- ½ cup chopped pecans, divided
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley leaves, divided
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, very well drained (drain in a colander and use the back of a spatula to press on pineapple to drain as much as possible)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (1-ounce) package ranch seasoning and salad dressing mix
- Place half of the bacon, half of the pecans and half of the parsley in a small bowl and combine well for the outside of the cheese ball. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat remaining ingredients until well combined and cream cheese is fluffy. Cover and place in the freezer for 30 minutes (or in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours). Form cheese mixture into a ball. Cover outside of cheese ball with the reserved bacon, pecan and parsley mixture. Serve with crackers.