So EASY, healthy, hearty and filling… you are absolutely going to LOVE this Easy Crock Pot Vegetable Soup recipe!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
This recipe is so elementary ANYONE can make it. And I mean anyone. During this recent weight loss mission of mine, I’ve been trying to cook healthy, easy recipes that don’t break the bank and leave me feeling satisfied. SCORE so far!
In just 10 days I’ve already started to lose weight and feeling better than I have in a LONG time. I think it’s the combination of working out and eating healthier food. My energy level is soaring through the roof after getting over the hump of the initial tiredness from exercising again. Hopefully the rest of these 13 pounds will be gone in another 5-6 weeks… Bye Felicia!
The most difficult tasks of this recipe are peeling and slicing a few potatoes and chopping a yellow onion. The rest of the ingredients are canned. If you’re serious about eating lower sodium, just use no-salt-added canned veggies. The simple herbs and seasonings add a TON of flavor. Enjoy!
- 1 pound white potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 3 potatoes)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped yellow onion (about ½ of a large onion)
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can sliced okra, drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can sliced carrots, drained
- 1 (8.5-ounce) can green Lima beans, drained
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (14.25-ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 1 (32-ounce) container vegetable broth
- Optional: Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Place all ingredients in your slow cooker insert. Stir well to combine. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours, or until potatoes are tender. Discard bay leaves before serving. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.