By utilizing a store-bought rotisserie chicken and bacon recipe pieces, these awesome Barbecue Chicken Nachos come together in no time!
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Hey, y’all! I know it’s been longer than usual that I’ve posted a recipe. Why? Because I’ve had a couple of recipe FAILS this week. 🙁 Not that they weren’t edible at all… just not good enough to be blog-worthy. Win some, lose some. But I certainly don’t like 2 fails in a row!
That’s why I’m excited to share with you this quick and easy recipe that’s gonna be perfect for your game day festivities. I don’t know where I’m going to be watching the Superbowl this year, but you can bet I’ll be watching! I’ve never really been into sports but am so proud of my home state’s Panthers (SORRY Broncos fans)!
You really can’t go wrong with these nachos. I’m all about using rotisserie chicken to save time. If I don’t use all of the chicken (like in this recipe), I’ll shred it and freeze it in Ziploc baggies to use in another recipe down the road.
I love the convenience of store-bought rotisserie chicken because they’re economical and delicious. I truly don’t see how my friends with kids are able to work, keep their households together and STILL manage to have time to enjoy and cook for game day. I mean, I have a dog, work from home and find it difficult sometimes.
All there is to making these nachos is tossing the shredded cooked chicken with your favorite barbecue sauce. The possibilities are endless when it comes to toppings. I used black beans, tomatoes, bacon pieces and green onions. A few others that come to mind are diced jalapeños, corn, yellow onion, and avocado. Oh, and SOUR CREAM! Gotta have sour cream.
Who will you be pulling for during Superbowl 50 this year? No matter what team… everyone’s gonna love these nachos. Happy cookin’! 🙂
- 1 (11-ounce) bag tortilla chips
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cooked rotisserie chicken
- ⅓ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- ½ cup drained and rinsed canned black beans
- ½ cup fully cooked bacon pieces
- 1 cup seeded and diced Roma tomatoes
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Spread tortilla chips evenly on baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, toss chicken with barbecue sauce to coat evenly.
- Top tortilla chips with cheeses, then with chicken, bacon and black beans.
- Bake for approximately 5 minutes, or until chips are warm and cheese is melted.
- Top with diced tomatoes and green onions. Serve immediately.