I can’t tell you enough how happy it makes me when I take a risk on trying a shortcut…
and it turns out phenomenal.
I recently came across this recipe for Christmas Crack from Table for Two on Pinterest. I pinned it for future reference, knowing I was going to make these awesome layers of saltine crackers, caramel and chocolate.
Then I came across a display with bags of Heath Toffee Bits while grocery shopping recently… and thought to myself, “why not sprinkle those on top of the chocolate layer instead of adding a caramel layer?“. Oh, and add some praline pecans and sprinkles!
Yeah! It slashed the time to prepare and was ohhhh so easy to make.
Here are your simple ingredients: Saltine crackers, chocolate flavored coating (“almond bark”), Heath® English Toffee Bits, praline pecans, and some red and green sprinkles.
Start with arranging saltine crackers side-by-side on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Melt the chocolate bark in a double boiler. If you don’t have a double boiler, you can do like I did and place a pot over another similar-sized pot with about an inch of boiling water. I was at my boyfriend’s house when I made this… he didn’t have a double boiler, so this is how I made it work!
Spread the melted chocolate over the saltine crackers, then sprinkle with the praline pecans, toffee bits and sprinkles. Allow to cool for about an hour, and break into approximately 2-3 inch pieces.
- Approximately 1 sleeve saltine crackers
- 24 ounce package chocolate flavored coating (almond bark)
- 2/3 cup praline pecans
- 2/3 cup English toffee bits
- Optional: red and green sprinkles
- On a 15 x 10 baking sheet lined with parchment paper, Arrange saltine crackers side-by-side until the entire pan is filled.
- Melt chocolate coating in a double boiler. Evenly pour and spread chocolate over saltine crackers.
- Evenly sprinkle toffee bits, pecans and sprinkles over chocolate. Allow to cool. Break into 2-3 inch pieces.