This Watermelon Feta Salad in a simple honey and lime dressing is a unique and refreshing summer fruit salad!
The sweet and tangy dressing complements the combination of sweet watermelon, mint and feta cheese perfectly. The most difficult part of this recipe is chopping the watermelon!
Once the watermelon is chopped, it will need to be placed in a colander to drain while you’re preparing the dressing and chopping the fresh mint.
How to Choose a Ripe Watermelon
- Check for the “field spot”, which is a cream-colored or yellow spot on the watermelon. It’s where the watermelon rested on the ground before it was picked. If the spot is white it isn’t ripe yet.
- Pick a watermelon that feels heavy for its size.
Can I make this Salad Ahead of Time?
This recipe is best served immediately, because the watermelon will continue to drain and become soggy when refrigerated.
Watermelon Feta Salad
For the salad:
- 1 6 ½ pound mini seedless watermelon, chilled about 8 ½ cups cubed
- ¾ cup chopped fresh mint leaves loosely packed
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt more or less, to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper more or less, to taste
- Cut watermelon away from rind and chop into approximately 1 inch cubes. Remove seeds, if any.
- Place in a colander to drain while you’re preparing the dressing.
- Whisk together honey, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Transfer watermelon cubes to a large bowl and add mint and feta. Gently toss to combine. Drizzle with dressing and gently toss to coat as evenly as possible. Serve immediately.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.
Originally published August 2012. Updated with new photographs and recipe revised August 2019.