This moist Strawberry Pecan Bread with an easy strawberry glaze is a perfect sweet and satisfying breakfast, brunch or dessert.
With the arrival of strawberry season, this was the number one recipe on my list to make with fresh strawberries this spring… because I love this bread for breakfast, dessert or just because.
You can go ahead and plan on being asked to make it over and over again – It’s that good!
Some people like to slice their strawberries for strawberry bread, but I like the texture of coarsely chopped strawberries. I chop them into about 1/2-inch pieces and sprinkle them with a teaspoon of sugar while prepping the other ingredients.
And that glaze… it’s way too easy for you NOT to make and is the finishing touch on this bread. The glaze is just 4 simple ingredients and takes literally less than 5 minutes to throw together.
Can this strawberry bread be frozen for later?
- Yes! Allow the bread to cool completely before tightly wrapping in plastic wrap or a well-sealed ziploc bag. For best results, do not freeze bread that has been glazed. Freeze for up to 4 weeks.
- To thaw, allow to come to room temperature, then wrap in aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 15 minutes, or until warmed through.
The batter will be a thick consistency, just make sure to spread evenly in the loaf pan before baking.
This is always a welcomed sweet bread for Easter brunch (with a mimosa, of course) and I’m sure Mom would love this for Mother’s Day as well! Enjoy!
Strawberry Pecan Bread
For the bread:
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh strawberries about 1/2 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar divided
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans and additional chopped pecans for topping glaze, if desired
For the glaze:
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup finely diced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk *
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray or grease pan.
- Place chopped strawberries in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the granulated sugar and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, the remaining granulated sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- Add egg, vanilla and melted butter to the dry mixture and stir to combine.
- Add strawberries and pecans to batter and stir to combine.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center is removed clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Prepare the glaze by stirring together powdered sugar, diced strawberries, vanilla and milk in a medium bowl until smooth. Drizzle glaze evenly over cooled bread.
Nutritional info is provided as a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.