Easter and Spring are upon us and I’vet had carrots on my brain! These Pineapple Carrot Muffins are so delicious they taste like (or better than) CAKE!
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
Update 4/12/16: New photographs!
Even my mama said these muffins were the best muffins she’d ever had and she asked for them for her birthday. I guess I could give her a basket full of muffins and put a candle in one! 🙂
These muffins are so easy to make – the hardest part is peeling and shredding the carrots… but if you buy your carrots pre-shredded, you’re saving yourself a step and about 10 minutes.
I eat these muffins for breakfast, a snack and/or dessert… THEY’RE THAT GOOD!
I hope you enjoy these Pineapple Carrot Muffins as much as I have over the years. Happy baking!Print
Pineapple Carrot Muffins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: Approximately 20-22 muffins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place muffin liners in muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- Using another medium bowl, beat the eggs, then add the shredded carrots, oil, pineapple and walnuts.
- Pour egg mixture into flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Spoon batter into muffin liners, about ¾ full (batter will be thick).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center is removed clean.
Adapted from Taste of Home
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Bread
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pineapple carrot muffins
Now your talking girlie ! Cream cheese sure is a way to my heart ! Going to set aside some time tonight to whip these things up . Will bring you a treat ! Thanks for the Easter bunny recipe !
These are absolutely the best muffins you will ever eat!!! They are like little carrot cakes of pure love. Perfect for the Easter Egg Hunt spread! If you wanted to pile on some more love 🙂 add some cream cheese frosting; but they are simply delicious just as they are!
Looking yummy ! Can’t wait to try these !