- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place muffin liners in muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- Using another medium bowl, beat the eggs, then add the shredded carrots, oil, pineapple and walnuts.
- Pour egg mixture into flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Spoon batter into muffin liners, about 3/4 full (batter will be thick).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center is removed clean.
Adapted from Taste of Home